A New Summer Opportunity from our friend Joshua Gonzales at UCR
Medical Leaders of Tomorrow (MLT)
Medical Leaders of Tomorrow (MLT) is a free, one‐week residential summer program for high school sophomores. As a participant in MLT you’ll have the opportunity to explore a future career in the health professions and start developing the skills to get you there. You’ll attend interactive workshops, meet health care professionals, and strengthen your academic and leadership skills while making lifelong friends.
The program dates are Sunday, July 6, 2014 – Saturday, July 12, 2014.
Our application deadline is Friday, May 2, 2014!!
This program is made possible by a grant from Kaiser Permanente and funding from the UCR School of Medicine.
There is no cost to apply and the program is free for all participants!!
Some Benefits of the Program:
- Experience living on a college campus
- Learn about different career professions in health care
- Meet health care professionals
- Learn about what it takes to get into college and be successful
- Develop leadership skills
- Strengthen study skills
- Have FUN!
- To be eligible for the Medical Leaders of Tomorrow Program, students must meet all of the criteria described in this list:
- Be a high school sophomore in Fall 2015.
- Have a strong interest in the health professions and science.
- Be from educationally and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Plan to participate in a health career academy/program in 2014‐15 at one of the UCR Health Sciences Partnership partner high schools or students can be a past participant of the Kaiser Permanente Hippocrates Circle Program.
Download an application at www.mlt.ucr.edu
Submit the application, the required letter of recommendation and your personal essay to:
School of Medicine
Attention: Rachell Enriquez
1212 Webber Hall
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521
Fax: (951) 827‐3747