Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)

Required application to fill out if you need financial aid. Run by Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, they are largest provider of student financial aid in the nation.

How to Apply:

  • Go to the FAFSA Homepage and start a new application.
  • New Availability Date: October 2016 

New to FAFSA: Prior-Prior Year 

Thanks to executive action taken by President Obama on September 13, 2015, instead of waiting until you and/or your parents have completed your tax returns for the previous year, you can now complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or the FAFSA, using information from TWO years prior. Watch the quick video (link below!) to learn more about how you’ll benefit from this new move to using prior-prior year income data.


Cal Grants

A Cal Grant is money for college you don’t have to pay back. To qualify, you must meet the eligibility and financial requirements as well as any minimum GPA requirements. Cal Grants can be used at any University of California, California State University or California Community College, as well as qualifying independent and career colleges or technical schools in California.

How to Apply: