Luggage Policy: Due to space limitations, all participants are allowed a maximum of two (2) pieces of luggage. This is a strict policy and the Native Youth to College Program will not be responsible for paying any luggage fees incurred by participants. A sleeping bag and bedding (Sheets, blankets, pillows, etc) are required.
Pitzer’s dormitory-style living quarters feature a bed, mattress, desk, chair, shelves, closet and set of drawers. At Wishtoyo, plan to layer clothing, as weather conditions tend to change from cool and damp in the mornings to bright, warm, and windy during the afternoons. On the trip to Wishtoyo, students will only be allowed to bring one (1) bag and a backpack.
All students will need to bring the following:
Very Important – Do Not Forget!
● Plastic Camping plate/cup/utensils – (dollar store has good options, it doesn’t have to be camping quality)
● A blanket or sleeping bag
● INHALERS if you have asthma/allergies!!!
● Necessary Medications
● Extra-long twin size sheets
● A pillow
● A towel
● Bathing suit
● Body soap/shampoo/conditioner
● Sunblock, personal, and feminine hygiene items
● Water Bottle
● Quarters for Laundry
● Sunglasses & Regular Glasses and their cases
● Contact lenses and solution, case
● Closed toed Shoes (like Sneakers) – Required for WesternU!
● Flip Flops
● Day Pack or Backpack for supplies like notebooks, etc.
● Notebook, pens, pencils
● Regalia (Optional)
● Clothing appropriate for the program. This means no ripped clothing, nothing see-through, nothing with offensive writing or images, nothing too revealing or inappropriate (this means no mini skirts, too low tops, very baggy pants, etc.)