Today I am asking you to share some of the things you know or have learned about applying to colleges that can help other youth start the process. Remember, these responses will be included (along with some of your other blog posts) in the “Indigenous Youth Survival Guide to Preparing for College” written by…YOU! (we can discuss the title tomorrow – if anyone has other ideas let me know)
1) What is the “common application” and how is it helpful when applying to college?
2) What do students need to do to prepare to fill out the common app?
3) Why is it important to research colleges before you apply?
4) Why is it important to write a strong college essay?
6) What are some tips for writing a great college essay?
7) What are some tips for telling your own story that will engage the reader?